- The soil, the air, the water, the climate, and the food we eat are created by complex communities of living creatures. The needs of those living communities are primary; individual and social morality must emerge from a humble relationship with the web of life.
- Civilization, especially industrial civilization, is fundamentally destructive to life on earth. Our task is to create a life-centered resistance movement that will dismantle industrial civilization by any means necessary. Organized political resistance is the only hope for our planet.
- Deep Green Resistance is a radical feminist organization. Men as a class are waging a war against women. Rape, battering, incest, prostitution, pornography, poverty, and gynocide are both the main weapons in this war and the conditions that create the sex-class women. Gender is not natural, not a choice, and not a feeling: it is the structure of women’s oppression. Attempts to create more “choices” within the sex-caste system only serve to reinforce the brutal realities of male power. As radicals, we intend to dismantle gender and the entire system of patriarchy which it embodies. The freedom of women as a class cannot be separated from the resistance to the dominant culture as a whole.
- The Deep Green Resistance movement works to end abuse at the personal, organizational, and cultural levels. The Deep Green Resistance movement aligns itself with feminists and others who seek to eradicate all social domination and to promote solidarity between oppressed peoples.
- When civilization ends, the living world will rejoice. We must be biophilic people in order to survive. Those of us who have forgotten how must learn again to live with the land and air and water and creatures around us in communities built on respect and thanksgiving. We welcome this future.
All DGR Aboveground groups and their members are required to adhere to the Statement of Principles and Code of Conduct in order to call themselves Deep Green Resistance. Any aboveground person or group calling themselves DGR-Aboveground and acting against the Statement of Principles and/or Code of Conduct does not have the support, collaboration, consent, or approval, of DGR-Aboveground or anyone associated with DGR-Aboveground and will not be allowed to call themselves DGR.
If you have questions about why we require agreement with the Code of Conduct and Statement of Principles, please read Why Do I Need to Adhere to a Code of Conduct and Statement of Principles to Be DGR?
If you have questions after reading, please contact us and we’ll be happy to talk with you.